Monday, November 9, 2009

Sports Writer Thinks Cotto Will Win, Puts His Career On The Line

For sheer guts in the field of sports writing, this one wins them all. We have our own reasons for believing one boxer would win against another maybe because one sports analyst sees and knows something that others don't. Yes, I believe Miguel Cotto has the boxing skills and strength to give Manny Pacquiao a run for his money. But being so overly confident as to give a fearless statement that says that he would end his career for a wrong boxing prediction would simply be like a career suicide. Even asking other boxing fans to join his bet in favor of Cotto. Win or lose, that's a big mistake. He puts not just his name on the line, but also the name of the organization that he is in.

I'm still for fellow countryman Manny Pacquiao, whom I've been an avid boxing fan even before winning his Oriental Pacific Boxing Federation title for fighting Chokchai Chockvivat for the OPBF flyweight title.

Here's my analysis of Manny Pacquiao's skills. He's really, really quick on using his mitts, that's one. Two, he's also a sharpshooter when it comes to his punches, meaning he's not just throwing punches, Pacquiao or the "Pacman" makes sure he hits the target effectively. That plus the extra power punch of the Filipino boxing pride would mean disaster to the opponent. And last but not the least is the variety of his punches that comes from different crazy locations as if fighting not one, but seems fighting ten boxers simultaneously.

Too bad I don't gamble and I'm not willing to bet anything of monetary value. Just national pride and bragging rights.

Below is the statement of the boxing writer that I am mentioning in this blog.

"I still stand by my statement that if Cotto does not beat Pacquiao, I will quit my writing career. Trust me, put your mortgage on Cotto, he is going to stop the little Filipino. Just trust me." said Liam Santiago. [Full story]

Raul B. Romilla
Boxing Fanatico

No comments:

Post a Comment